Prevention is a key component to research being done
through the Illinois Center for Injury Prevention and at
the University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Public
Health. Following the research to practice model,
faculty use their findings and establish interventions
with community partners to promote prevention of
The Illinois Center for Injury Prevention is committed
to providing timely and informative research to
scientists, journalists and policy decision-makers.
Recent findings published by our research group
- Access to Trauma Care in Southern Cook County.
- Traumatic occupational injuries in Hispanic and
foreign born workers. Full Article.
- Long-term effects of repealing the national maximum
speed limit in the United States.Full
- A Case-Control Study of Severe Physical Abuse of the
- A Study of Farm Injuries in Ohio.Full
- The Health of the Low-income Workforce: Integrating Public Health and Occupational Health ApproachesFull
- Determinants of Workers' Compensation Costs.
- Real-time surveillance of poisonings.